The Birmingham Patrons Club (BPC) is a Birmingham wide donors and members club that was launched in November 2011. Its President is the Rt Hon Andrew Mitchell MP, Member of Parliament for Sutton Coldfield.
BPC was set up to put the Conservative clout back into Birmingham and its industrial and commercial future.
It has four primary aims:
- To build up the Conservative Party in Birmingham and build our political clout at local level.
- To strengthen the relationship between the grass roots and senior party members.
- To set about winning parliamentary seats in Birmingham through fund raising and associated activity.
- To be a role model for other cities to follow.
BPC aims to do this by creating the opportunity for BPC members to bring their influence to bear on the leadership of the Conservative Party.
Since the launch of Birmingham Patrons Club, we have held
- A lunch and visit to the House of Lords lunch, hosted by Lord Fowler.
- A Euro-debate with the Birmingham and Edgbaston Debating Society.
- Supported Selly Oak event with Andrew Lansley MP.
- Supported the Birmingham Conservative Policy Forum, run by Dr. Luke Evans and Guy McEvoy.
- Assisted in local election campaigns.
- Summer Garden Party with our President, Andrew Mitchell MP.
- Dinner with Andrew Pierce of the Daily Mail, former Deputy Editor of the Daily Telegraph and regular Political media commentator.
The Chair of our Patrons Club is Rachel Maclean - for more information on joining please click here